Homemade Natural Play Dough
Trust us, once you've tried natural play dough, you'll never want to go back to the bright, smelly, store-bought play dough varieties. Homemade, natural play dough is so easy to make, it is completely non-toxic and much better for the kids and the environment.
Play dough is creative play where kids (and adults!) can really let their imaginations run free.
- Create different shapes, animals or fantasy creatures
- Experiment including other natural materials, such as banksia pods, sticks, gum nuts, foliage, sea shells etc for creating different patterns in the play dough
- Use the dried flowers and biodegradable glitter from our Nature Craft Kit to add texture and beauty to your play dough creations
- Set up different play dough themes for the kids - e.g. beach, construction, garden, dinosaurs
- Stampers and cutters are a fun addition to play dough! Check out our range here
Natural Homemade Play Dough
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tatar
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup very warm water
1 pinch colour powder (e.g. from our Nature Craft Kit)
In a saucepan, mix all the dry ingredients and stir.
Mix the oil with the water and add to the saucepan.
Heat on a medium heat while stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
When the mixtures starts to resemble play dough, remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
Once you can safely handle the play dough, it's ready to use!
You can store this play dough in an airtight container for a few months.